Thursday, March 19, 2009

a sad story

I copied this story from kfor.com. I heard about it during their news broadcast this afternoon and my heart was broken for them. I tried to contact KFOR via e-mail for information on how to make donations to the family, but wasn't able to get any e-mails through to them. I did, however, contact news9 and am waiting for a reply. If you would like the info when I get it, please let me know and I will pass it along.

I know that what I can give to this family will not be much, but my prayer is that other people will be touched by this story as well and will not just pray for this family, but will put "hands and feet" to their prayers and help out as well. Everyone's little put together will make a big difference.

Tiffany


From misfortune to much worse KINGFISHER, OK --

A Kingfisher County family's luck just went from bad to much worse. A mother of two is critically injured in a car wreck Wednesday morning, one mile south of Kingfisher along Highway 81, and it happens as she was driving her daughter to chemotherapy.

Shannon Lara suffered severe head injuries when the Jeep she was driving ran into the back of a semi truck that had just exited a construction area.

Lara is listed in critical condition at OU Medical Center. Her six-year-old daughter, Shaelyn, was also injured, but not as bad as her mom.

Two years ago, however, Shaelyn lost a kidney to cancer and the family recently learned cancer has returned, this time to her lungs.

Shannon's mom says she's scared to death for her daughter.

"That's all I can do is pray," Teresa Wood says. "Tell her I love her. Tell her she needs to get well for her girls. She's got to get well for her girls."

Teresa says Shannon and her husband are still paying off Shaelyn's kidney surgery from two years ago.

We're told she is covered under her husband's insurance, but Teresa has no idea how much more this accident will cost them.

No comments: