Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I am NOT as crazy as some might think!

So, when we had given up on finding the rest of the clues, Dakota blew out her candles (again) and we had some more cake and ice cream.

Once I got the kids all sugared up, I sent them to bed. Ha!

I spent another 1/2 hour or so looking for the missing clues. I looked everywhere she had already found one, just in case. Then, I looked in all the places I had thought about hiding clues, but didn't. I still came up with nothing.

Finally, I decided that they would turn up sometime when we weren't looking for them. I sat down at the computer to do some blogging and facebooking. When I was trying to type a status update and it came out as dddddddddddddddddddd because I fell asleep with my finger on the d key, I decided it was time to go to bed. I went into the kitchen to turn off the lights and double check that the back door was locked-it was.

I was turning to go back into the kitchen when something caught my attention.
Ta-da! The three missing clues!

I can assure you that I did not put those three clues on the dryer. There were two different clues hidden in the laundry room, so Dakota must have set them down when she went to get one from in there. I was so excited, I actually considered waking her up to show her!

Instead, though, I left them until morning so she could finish the puzzle and get the full effect.
Makes much more sense now, right?

So, I get to take my name off the ballot for "Dork of the Year," for now.

No comments: