Thursday, November 3, 2011

Paper Saving Idea

One of the things we do every day in our schoolwork is some type of math drill. Sometimes we play games with flashcards, sometimes they play games on the computer, and sometimes I give them a fact sheet to complete.

I try not to use the fact sheets too much, though, for a couple of reasons. First, I don't have a printer right now so I have to write them out by hand. It seems like such a waste of time for something that they will finish in just a minute or two. Second, it's hard on Landon to see lots of problems on the page at once. He gets overwhelmed looking at all those problems and it's hard for him to focus on one at a time. Third, it uses a lot of paper. I don't really need to keep them but it seems like a waste to throw them away.

I have found a solution for all three of my problems.

I have several of these things lying around. You can pick them up for about $1. I always meant to put pictures in them to carry in my purse, but somehow never got around to it.

The pages are clear and are the perfect size for holding flash cards.
Just slip in the cards you want your kiddos to work on and hand them a dry erase marker. They can write the answers right on the page and then wipe it off with a tissue after you check them.
(just so you know, that is a 7. He was having some marker trouble at the top. )

I love this! It makes my life easier and saves me money, too.

I'm thinking I may use this for Landon's handwriting practice, too, by putting a letter or number card in for him to trace.

I'm also going to use it for the older girls' vocabulary quizzes.

Tons of possibilities!

What would you use it for?

No comments: