Friday, May 4, 2012

Haven't done one of these in a while...

I haven't done a Five Question Friday with Mama M. (or much other blogging) in forever! It's about time, don't ya think?
Here we go!

1. What did you wear to prom? Include a picture if possible.

I actually went to three proms-

My junior prom 
  
Daniel's senior prom
(this dress was my favorite!)

and my senior prom.

And while I was digging out those pictures, I found this one. Not sure why, but it's one of my very favorite pics of the two of us together. It makes me smile!
 Has it really been 16 years? Crazy!

 2. Would you rather be on the biggest loser or a food eating challenge?

I'd definitely love to take a shot at The Biggest Loser, but I can't imagine being gone from my family for that long. I have a lot of respect for the contestants on the show. It takes a lot of courage and hard work to do what they do.


3. Done fave sonic drink? Refreshing summer drink? (Hey, Kristina...was that a typo, or some "done good" Southern thing?)

My favorite used to be blue coconut slush, but now that I have to keep an eye on my sugar, I have a new favorite-Diet Cherry Sprite! Yum!


4. What was your first car, and what did you call it?

My first car was a '66 red mustang. I believe we called it "The 'Stang." I loved that car! So many fun memories!

Good news! I have an update on "The Stang" since the last time I posted about it 
She has come to live with us! 

Last summer, we moved the mustang from my mom's garage to the shop on the ranch. One step closer to getting back on the road! 
Some day! 
Here's the mustang looking all shiny and clean after going through the car wash for the first time in forever! 
 
Such a bittersweet day for me. I love that I have the mustang, but it just felt like such the wrong time. It should still be in my dad's garage, and not mine yet! One of my hardest moments since we lost him was when I opened up the door of the mustang and found his hat still sitting in the seat. I left it there because that's where it belongs...


5. What's one thing your child or spouse does that sends you over the edge? 

I can't take it when the kids fuss at each other over things that don't matter-who sits where in the car, who's turn it is to push the button to open the door at the library, whether or not to pause the television while someone goes to the bathroom... It drives me nuts! Love my kids, but can't stand the arguing! 

 

No comments: