Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ryker Family Reunion

This weekend was super busy for us (when is it not?). We spent Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning with Pawpaw and Grandma Debbie, then went on to Grandpa and Grandma Phyllis' house for a reunion with Grandma Phyllis' family, then stopped by the camp grounds to drop the oldest two off for a week of church camp. It was lots of fun, but I was definitely thankful for a more restful day with no schedule today.

Before I share some of the fun pictures of the reunion, I have to tell you Dakota's definition of a cousin. She said, "A cousin is someone who you are related to, but don't know very well." : ) I can always count on Dakota for a unique perspective on things. She definitely got to see a lot of her "cousins" this weekend. If I counted right, there were 50+ people at the reunion on Sunday. It had been 5-6 years since we had seen some of them. I can't believe how much all the kids have grown! It's funny how in my mind everyone else's kids stay the same even though I am watching my own kids grow up.

The kids had a blast playing on the inflatables Sunday!

Dakota and Cheyenne liked getting stuck to the velcro wall.
Landon and Sierra wore themselves out on the giant slide.
And Cheyenne showed off her gymnastics skills on the moon bounce castle.



Sierra and Emily took a break in the sandbox.


Landon and Danny hung out on the porch swing.

And Sierra, Landon, and Danny talked one of their cousins into giving them a ride on the firetruck. (He is one strong kid to push all three of them!)

Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pictures when we dropped the kids off at camp (so unlike me). I know my friend, Krista, had her camera on hand, so I'm hoping I can talk her into passing some of her shots from this week along to me (please, please Krista :-P). I did hear from Krista this afternoon-okay, well, I texted her and asked-and she said that the girls were fine last night and that today was going well too. So, they have one night down and only 4 more to go.

No comments: