Monday, February 22, 2010

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


I haven't done a Not Me! Monday post in a while. I've missed it. Hmmmmmmm...what did I NOT do this week?

Well, it was NOT my husband who went out of town for the weekend. He did NOT leave on Thursday morning and come home on Sunday evening.
It was also NOT my oldest child who missed her bus from the middle school to the elementary school on Thursday. I had not warned her about missing the bus that morning when she got out of the car because she forgot her phone and her dad was out of town so it would take me a long time to get there to pick her up.
When she did NOT miss the bus, I was NOT in the shower when she tried to call me. The secretary did NOT then pull out her emergency call list. The first three people on the list were NOT impossible to reach because they live out or town. She did NOT then call our friend Louise to pick her up. I did NOT call the school within 10 minutes of missing her call. I did NOT call Louise to tell her that I COULD in fact pick Dakota up. I was NOT totally embarrassed and did NOT feel like a horrible mother! Dakota did NOT have to wait an entire HOUR after school because I had to pick up the other girls before I went to get her. The middle school is NOT really far from our house.

Also on Thursday, I did NOT come home from taking the girls to gymnastics to find a wonderful surprise from our puppy in his crate. My second child did NOT go into the laundry room and let the dog out of his box so he could go outside. He did NOT run, covered in said surprise, across the carpet from the laundry room to the front door. I did not end up having to wash the crate, the dog, the laundry room tile, the entry tile, the carpet, and an extra load of laundry before I could go to bed that night.
On Saturday when driving in Tulsa to take the kids to meet Grandma Debbie for lunch and a trip to Chuck E Cheese, I did NOT completely miss my turn and end up WAAAAAAAAAY out of my way. The traffic to get back was NOT totally nuts. I did NOT end up getting cut off and having to exit at a time I needed to go straight and end up taking another unplanned detour. This detour did NOT end up actually saving me time because the traffic was lighter. I did NOT end up getting there 2 hours later than I planned. I did NOT blame this on my husband for taking the TomTom with him on his trip. I have NOT been to Tulsa a million times and should NOT have known how to get there on my own.

When we got to Chuck E Cheese, every kid in Tulsa was NOT there! I did NOT get my foot stepped on, pushed, bumped, and cut in front off a thousand times. My kids did NOT have a great time anyway.

I could go on and on. This has been a long week! I'll limit myself to just one more though:

Today when Daniel went to pick up the girls and Landon was napping, I did NOT think it would be a great time to sneak in some double-stuffed oreos and milk and check out everyone's Not Me! Monday posts. I do NOT LOVE double-stuffed oreos way too much. I did NOT overfill my milk cup so that when I dipped the first cookie in it overflowed and made a mess on the desk, me, and the floor. I did NOT think that it should probably have been a sign to me that I shouldn't eat the oreos. I did NOT go ahead and eat them anyway. They were NOT delicious.

No comments: