Monday, February 8, 2010

Update on Landon

It's been a while since I've had time to write a post (actually, it's more of an issue of having energy leftover at the end of the day). We have entered birthday season at the Harmon house and that has been keeping us pretty busy. My birthday is on January 3, then Cheyenne on January 13, my mom (grandma Debbie) on the 15th, Sierra on February 2. It's been fun, but I'm ready for a birthday break!

Landon is doing really well. He hasn't had another seizure (that we know of) other than the one on January 17. We were able to get him in to see the pediatrician on January 18. Dr. B checked him over and said that everything looked fine. She scheduled him to have an EEG on Friday, January 22 in Oklahoma City.

I won't go into all the details of the EEG, but I am sure that I NEVER want to have to do that again. It was not a fun process for any involved. Thankfully, though, the doctors were able to get the results they needed from the test so I guess it was worth it.

As of right now, they can't find anything that would have caused Landon to have a seizure. Apparently, it's common for someone to have one or two seizures in their lifetime and never know why. Dr. B said that he would have to have several (at least more than 2) more before they would consider treating him with any type of medication. Her instructions to us were to watch him like a hawk in the tub and to just let him be a little boy. So, that is what we are doing. I still get a little concerned when I don't hear him for a few minutes, but that really has more to do with me wondering what he's getting into than worry that something's wrong.

We are so thankful to know none of the things they were looking for on the EEG were found (brain tumor, brain bleeds, abnormal activity in the brain). Those were some scary thoughts to live with for the few days we had to wait. I know so many other moms and dads don't get the kind of good news we did.

I am so thankful that I am getting to spend my days with my boy enjoying things like this

(the first snowman that he built "by himself").
We're having a great time and can't wait until the girls can join us when school's out!

Don't know what he was thinking here, but I'm pretty sure it's trouble!

No comments: