Monday, October 3, 2011

Homemade Carmel Dipping sauce for apples

I found this recipe on Pinterest (I can't even tell you how addicted I am to that site. So many awesome ideas!). I wish I could send you to the original blog post, but the link doesn't work when I click it. I was pretty skeptical, but decided it was worth a try. Condensed milk is pretty cheap, so I wouldn't be out much if it didn't work.

I bought the condensed milk and apples last Sunday when I went shopping, but my family decided to eat them for breakfast before I had a chance to make the dip to go with them. So the kids and I picked up some more apples on Saturday.

I got this teeny tiny little crock pot last year at the Black Friday sale at Wal-Mart (actually Grandma P. picked it up for me. Thanks Grandma!)
The kids think it's funny because the picture on the box is pretty much life-sized. I think it's cute! And it's the perfect size for making just enough nacho cheese for our family or, in this case, making some heaven on earth caramel dip.

All you have to do is take the wrapper off the can of milk, put it in the crock pot, fill it with enough water to completely cover the can, and turn it on low. Let it cook for about 8 hours on low, then remove it and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to cool.

Open up the can and dump it into another container-it needed to be stirred just a little.

Slice up your apples (or have your husband do it like I did. I'm not very good at using that thing. I always slice it crooked and end up having a use a knife to finish cutting off the core anyway).

Serve it up and enjoy. Be warned that you're going to want to eat way too much of this dip! It is that good!

You're welcome!

After you make it, be sure to come back and let me know how it turned out. I know you'll love it!

No comments: