Friday, February 25, 2011

Five Question Friday 2/25/11

Woohoo! It's Friday! Normally, I don't get that excited for Friday because our weekends are pretty busy with Tae Kwon Do classes and church. My "weekend" days are Tuesday and Wednesday because we don't have anything going on except church on Wednesday evening. But this weekend, Tae Kwon Do classes are cancelled, so we have Saturday off! We'll have people here doing some work on the house, but we don't have to go anywhere! Hooray!



1. Can you drive a stick shift?
When I was in high school, I had a car that was a stick shift. I had so much fun in it! We got an automatic when I was a sophmore in college and have had one since, so it's been a few years. :) It would probably take a little while to get the hang of it again.

2. What are two foods you just can't eat?
#1.Cooked spinach!!!! Yuck! I can't even look at it. I LOVE raw spinach in a salad, but NEVER cooked!

#2.Black Eyed Peas! We used to eat them on New Year's Day for luck or something. I cannot stand them! No matter what you do, you can't disguise that taste either. I've tried smashing them and hiding them in mashed potatoes, ketchup, holding my nose. Nothing works! Good luck is not worth having to eat them. I'll take my chances. :)

3. Do you buy Girl Scout Cookies? What is your favorite kind?
Until last year, I always had at least one daughter selling cookies. Between our order, the cookies that somehow never got delivered (there's always that one person you can't track down), and buying an extra box or two to get to the next level of prizes I always ended up with way too many cookies. My little cousin is selling them this year, so we may buy a box or two from her but that's all.
My favorites are tag alongs and samoas. Yum!

4. How do you pamper yourself?
Pamper myself? What's that? If I have extra money (ha!) it goes to the kids. I would much rather do something nice for them than myself. Someday when they're grown, there will be time for me.

5. What is your nickname and how did you get it?
My nickname is mom or mommy. My kids gave it to me when they learned to talk.


Well, I'm off now to make a doctor's appointment. Landon woke up with a sore throat, upset tummy, and fever. I'm guessing it's strep. Crossing my fingers we can get in this afternoon. I really don't want to have to sit in the waiting room at urgent care.

Have a great FRIDAY!!!!!!

3 comments:

A Chocolate Bouquet said...

Thanks for stopping my by blog and commenting!
What a lovely family you have! (I have a Dakota too-mine is my son)
Have a lovely weekend! Hope to "meet" with you again!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

I cannot imagine not liking cooked spinach or black eyed peas!!! I love spinach in any form - as long as it's fresh. I can eat the canned but it's just not as good. You should try Texas Cavier - maybe the tanginess will offset what you don't like about the black eyed peas...

jennifer @ what would jen do said...

thanks for stopping by my blog

I like cooked spinach but am not a fan of it raw!

have a great weeken