Monday, June 20, 2011
Miscellany Monday 6/20/11
2. Dropping the girls off for camp was certainly an adventure. There were so many kids there. Pastor T said yesterday during the service that our church took over 200 kids to camp! It took 3 school buses to get them all there. Wow!
2. Our pastor's wife has been posting a few updates from camp on Facebook. Last night, she said, they had an amazing response to the call for salvation in the childrens' service (1st-6th grade). From the sounds of it, nearly all of the kids were either praying to receive salvation or praying with someone who was! AWESOME! That's what camp is all about. I can't wait for the girls to come home and tell me all about it.
3. Daniel's days off are Thursday and Friday, so Landon and I have been pretty much on our own while the girls have been gone. Saturday we played together for most of the day, including a 2 hour Mr. Potato Head marathon. We also, played with legos, painted, and played with play-doh. He isn't used to that kind of attention and he loved it. It was pretty fun for me too! Sunday, we had church in the morning. Then, we went to lunch and a movie with Grandma Debbie. We saw Mr. Popper's Penguins. It was cute and Landon really liked it. Then, we went to visit Pops (and Memaw) for Father's Day for a little while. For dinner, we went out with Granma P. and Grandpa. A very busy and fun day.
4. Today was much more relaxed. Landon and I slept in until about 8am then played on the computers for a while and ate breakfast around 10. We got dressed and headed into town to the splash pad and wading pool. It was pretty windy today and the temp stayed below 90 while we were there, so it was a good day for it. Landon made friends with a boy who was just a little bit older and showed him how to do cartwheels and flips in the water without holding his nose. He had a blast! Then, we went through the drive-thru at McDonald's for a Happy Meal and came home for some PBS and a nap. He's still napping and let me tell you, it's really quiet around here. I can't decide if I like it or not...
5. Cheyenne gave Landon the idea that I "might" take him fishing sometime when the girls were gone this week, so I guess we'll have to work that in sometime before the sun goes down this evening. I'm hoping Daniel gets home in time to go with us. Maybe I'll have some pics to post of our fishing expedition later.
6. We pick the girls up tomorrow morning around 11. Don't tell Landon, but, if we can get it in gear early enough tomorrow, we may hit the splash pad one more time on our way. He'll be very excited about that.
So, what random things are going on in your life this week? Write your own Miscellany Monday post and link up over at lowercase letters.
Posted by TIFFANY at 6:26 PM