Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Movie night!

Movie night is one of our family's favorite things to do together. We get into our pjs, pop up a bunch of popcorn, throw a quilt down on the floor and curl up in front of the TV. Once the kids have eaten their fill of popcorn, they usually end up with their pillows and blankets, too. It's a nice way to end the day.
This afternoon, we went into town to run errands and buy groceries. After our trip to the post office, library, Wal-Mart, and the gas station I was not really in the mood to go home and cook dinner. When I found out that Daniel was going to be working late and wouldn't be home for dinner, it was settled. It was definitely going to be a movie night!

We decided on Princess Diaries (the first one) for tonight. The girls had seen the second one, but not the first, so they were excited. Landon wasn't thrilled but decided to watch anyway. It didn't take long before he was enjoying it too.
About 10 minutes before the end of the movie, he asked me how much longer it would be. I told him it was just a few minutes so he could go on to bed if he wanted. He said he wanted to watch the end, but didn't quite make it.
We almost lost Cheyenne too. Five more minutes and she would've been out.
Sierra, on the other hand, was still wide awake. She's my night owl. She'd rather stay up late and get up around 9 or 10. Definitely my child.
Goodnight blogging friends! I'm off to tuck kids into bed and then tuck myself into bed. We've got a lot of library books to read tomorrow!

No comments: