Sunday, August 28, 2011

Slim Down Sunday

I'm linking up this week with April at Heartfelt Homeschooling for Slim Down Sunday.

Heartfelt Homeschooling

Goal: I am starting with a short-term goal to lose 24 pounds by my next diabetic check-up in November. Last week when I went to the doctor, I had gained about 12 pounds. I plan to lose what I had gained plus another 12. That's only 8 pounds a month. I can do this!

Pounds Lost (Week 1): So far, I have lost about 3 pounds. Not a bad start!

How it Went This Week: This week went pretty well. I had gotten into a bad habit lately and I've been able to overcome it this whole week. When I went into the gas station to get my Diet Pepsi fix, I was giving in to the temptation to also pick up a snack. Most of the time, I wasn't even hungry. I have made it for a little over a week without one. Yea!

What’s my Plan for next Week: I'm going to continue to add in more salads, etc and cut down portion sizes and between meal snacks. I'm also going to drink more water. My goal is to take baby steps that I can maintain.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tiffany,
Three pounds is a great start! I think your goals are very manageable! I know what you mean about stopping in for a caffeine fix and leaving with a snack. I've done that too... You can do it!

April