Monday, July 6, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

My first Not Me! Monday post! I'm so excited!

*I did NOT find myself at Wal-Mart for one thing or another EVERY DAY last week. I always plan ahead and make a list so that I don't forget anything. I only go there once a week for groceries. I DO NOT need to go there again today because we ran out of honey.

*I did NOT take my kids out and teach them how to pull weeds in our "garden" just so they would have something to do outside and I could have 10 minutes of quiet in the house.

*After the kids finished splashing into the baby pool at the bottom of the slide last week, I most certainly did NOT dump all the water out at the bottom of slide. I did NOT then tell the kids to stay outside and play and dry off while I went in to start some laundry. My children did NOT continue to slide down the slide into the mud puddle I had created and come in not only still wet, but covered in dirt from head to toe. I did NOT immediately put them into the shower.

*We did NOT drive all the way to OKC to watch fireworks in Bricktown on Friday night just because we heard about it on television that afternoon. It did NOT take us longer to walk from the parking lot to where the fireworks were than the show actually lasted. It was NOT a lot of fun and my kids did NOT get in bed after midnight.

*When we found out that there was a big storm heading our way Saturday night while waiting for fireworks at the lake, we did NOT take cover in the van and wait it out rather than get our kids home to bed at a decent time. We did NOT have to wait until 10:30 for the fireworks to start. We then, did NOT go home and feed the kids watermelon and put them to be after midnight for a second night in a row. My kids were NOT all so tired that no one got up until after 8:15 Sunday moring. And I did NOT enjoy my 2 hours of morning quiet time one bit.

2 comments:

Kelli W said...

Great Not Me's! Playing in the mud when they are supposed to be drying off sounds just like something my boys would do too!

Tellie said...

haha, too funny! I too did not find my self at walmart more often than I'd like to admit on last week