Monday, March 7, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
1. After last week's battle with strep, I think we are all finally well. Still a few lingering coughs and runny noses, but everyone's feeling good. And, it looks like we dodged a bullet (or two actually) because Daniel and Dakota never did get sick. Hooray!

2. We are having trouble with our internet connection and it's about to drive me crazy! It started last Monday. I wasn't able to get online at.all. on Monday morning. I called the provider and was told that the dish had lost alignment. A tech would have to come out and fix it-for $29.95. Nice. Then, we come home from tae kwon do Monday evening, and it's magically working again. I don't really understand how the thing works but, to me, it doesn't make sense that the dish has lost alignment. First of all, nothing has moved. The house and the dish are exactly where they were before. Second, if it has lost alignment, how is it able to connect at all? Who knows? Anyway, I think the tech is either going to be here this afternoon or is going to call and schedule something this afternoon. Isn't it convenient that all this started 4 days after the trial period ended, so we can't cancel the service now???

3. Making Dakota do schoolwork today is going to be pure torture for her. She has been waiting for a long time (at least a year) for the new Pokemon games to come out (Black and White, I believe) and yesterday was the day. Daniel took her and Cheyenne to get theirs after tae kwon do yesterday. It's going to be hard for her to get her mind off it long enough to do math.

4. My mom generously sent home four boxes of girl scout cookies with us yesterday. This is not going to be good for our "getting ready for Disney World diet". But, they sure are good!

5. Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting at the computer hoping that my presence would magically cause the internet to work when my phone rang. It was Daniel calling me from outside. He said, "Put some shoes on and come outside." I was worried that I was going to get out there and find out that the dog had gotten hit by a truck or something like that, but instead he met me in the driveway with a fishing pole in hand! Is he awesome, or what? I have been dying to go fishing for weeks! It's been so hard to have a pond just feet from my house and not be able to go. So, yesterday afternoon, I got to spend a blissful 30 or so minutes fishing in the pond (with no kids!). I didn't get one single bite, but it was still so much fun! I hid the fishing pole in the laundry room so maybe I can sneak out there again when we get schoolwork done.

What's on your mind this week?

No comments: