Monday, May 23, 2011

I guess my name was supposed to be Jennifer.

Hey everyone! I hope you're having a great week! If all goes as planned, by the time you read this, I will be soaking up some warm Florida sunshine and shaking hands with Mickey Mouse. Woohoo! I don't think I've ever done a scheduled post before, so I hope I do this right...

I've mentioned here before about how people who don't know me or can't remember my name always call me Jennifer. It used to bug me a little, but it's happened so many times now that it's just funny.

Like the time just after Daniel and I got married and we went to take pictures of us all dressed up for some friends' wedding. The photographer said something like, "Okay, Jennifer, come stand over here."

Or when I stood for 5 or 10 minutes in the middle of Wal-Mart with a little old lady scolding me for skipping out on church for a few weeks. I tried to assure her that I HAD been to church every Sunday, but she was convinced (I had no idea who she was, but didn't think much of it because I didn't really know any of the older ladies in our church). As she walked away she said "Okay, Jennifer, I better see you there on Sunday."

One time when we first moved to Stillwater, I worked at Hardee's. One of our regular customers came in and asked me my name. He said, "Oh, do you have twin? I talked to a girl last night who looks just like you but her name is Jennifer."

Just last weekend after Landon and Sierra's Tae Kwon Do class, the dad sitting by me said, "Do I know you from somewhere besides here?" I listed off all the places I could think of where I could have met him before, but he said no. He said, "That's weird. You look so familiar. It's Jennifer, right?"

And the best one yet happened on Wednesday before we left for our trip. I was sitting at the computer when I got a text on my phone from a number I didn't know. It just said, "Hi." I replied asking who it was and the response I got was "Oh, I'm looking for Jenn. Is this the right number?" Apparently, you don't even have to see me to get my name wrong!

Hi! My name is Tiffany
but you can call me Jennifer.

2 comments:

Courtney @ Kisses Come in Twos said...

HA! That's funny! I hope you are having a great time in Florida!!!

Rachel said...

How funny!

My grandmother used to go through all six of her kids' names when she was scolding one of them... so they all learned that their name was a combination of: DevNaoPaulCoeDavMikey!

Nice to meet you "Jennifer", :)