Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thursday Five

This week has absolutely flown by! I can't believe it is already Thursday! We leave for our vacation in only 8 days. I have so much to do! But we've been so busy lately that I haven't even had time to make my to-do list for the trip, much less actually get anything done to get ready for it. I'm hoping this weekend I will find some extra time to get some things done, but with tae kwon do classes on Saturday morning and the older girls' rank test on Sunday afternoon, it doesn't look like I will. I'm guessing there won't be much sleeping for me by the end of next week.

I'm joining up with Nicole again this week for Thursday Five. Go over to her blog and link up too!

The words for this week are:

Excellent
Simple
Joyful
Glamorous
Refreshing

I had a pretty excellent Mother's Day this year. The best thing this year was that Daniel was off work! He was supposed to have to work but found out Saturday that he was going to be out of town this week so they let him have Sunday off. Hooray!

The things that make me happiest are the most simple. This week, I pulled out an old reading textbook I used when I taught first grade (has it really been over 6 years?) for Sierra. Being a new homeschooler, I still have a little lack of confidence and wasn't sure how she would do with it. She did fantastic! After listening to her read it, I don't know why I was ever worried. Seeing how proud she was of herself after she read the first story was priceless! She made my week!

Seeing my husband's paycheck from his new job has me feeling pretty joyful these days. Once we get back from vacation and things get settled, we should finally have a little breathing room in our budget. It will be nice to have some money to put into savings finally! Can't wait!

I've been seeing lots and lots of pictures on facebook of my friends' kids all dressed up for the prom. They all look so glamorous! I can't believe the kiddos that were only a year old at my wedding are already old enough to drive and go to the prom! Wow! 15 years(almost) will do that I guess.

It will be so refreshing to have a change from our school routine while we are on vacation. I'm ready to make some changes to our school day, but I feel like I need to finish up the curriculum we have first. It has been nice the last few days since the kids have begun to finish up math and English. We've had a little extra time and I have enjoyed it.






1 comment:

Nicole said...

yay for vacations!
I've always wanted to ask...what made you go from teaching in public schools to homeschooling? :)
have a fabulous day!