Friday, April 16, 2010

Five Question Friday 4/16


Hooray for Friday! That means that all the kids will be home tomorrow. No rushing around to get everyone out the door. No hour spent driving and dropping kids at school. I can't wait. My kids only have 28 more school days left! I can't wait for summer!

Here are this week's questions from the lovely (and very funny) Mama M. Head over to her blog if you want to link up or read what other people said.

1. What words do you use on your blog/online that you don't use in real life?
Okay, seem to use the word "totally" A LOT on my blog. I don't think I ever say that in real life. I catch myself doing it and think "did I really just type that?" but I never go back and change it.

2. Do you still write checks?
Yep. I am the world's worst about not keeping up with my debit card. I hate to carry a purse, so sometimes I just slip it into my pants pocket when I go in somewhere. Then when I get home, I take it out and set it on the bar or dresser and forget to pick it up the next time I go somewhere. Sometimes (like right now) I am not real sure where I put it in the house. So, I get stuck writing checks a lot or going to the bank and taking out cash if I'm going somewhere that won't take a check. Which reminds me, I need to put "find debit card" at the top of my to-do list for tomorrow. The girls will all be home so they can help me look.

3. Who was your favorite President and why?
I'm not really into politics/history.I don't know that I could give an informed answer on this one. I will say that I am not a big fan of our current President nor of Bill Clinton, but I think they all have had their pros and cons.

4. Are you a yeller?
Unfortunately, I am sometimes. I try to be conscious of it but sometimes I do it anyway. I know it doesn't work, so I am trying to be better.

5. Have you ever dumpster dived?

I am pretty sure that I personally have never dumpster dived. I do, however, have things that have been obtained through someone else's dumpster diving-namely, my husband. I used to have a thing about "used" things like Mama M. says she does, but after many years of living with my garbage truck driving husband (I don't think I've blogged about that yet, I'll have to remember to do it sometime) I have learned how the kinds of great stuff you can find. Especially because we live in a college town and every December and May there are lots of things thrown out simply because the people don't want to bother moving them. (Our kitchen table for one. It's ugly, but sturdy and will be beautiful if I ever get around to refinishing it. Also our dog, Bacon. Someone tied him to a garbage bag and put him out on the curb.)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Christine said...

I write checks still too. :) I also write lol on the internet, but I'd never say laugh out loud or lol in real life!