Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's softball season at the Harmon house!

Tomorrow is Cheyenne's first softball "practice" game! She is really excited and so am I. I have lots of memories of playing softball when I was Cheyenne's age and I love to watch her play. She is pretty good for a third grader and she plays her heart out. This afternoon she asked me if everyone was going to go to her game tomorrow night. I told her that I wasn't sure since it didn't start until 7:00 and it is on a school night. She said "If not, will YOU come and watch me?" Wow! I couldn't believe that "daddy's little girl" wanted her mom to come watch her first game! I'm sure I'll have tons of pictures to post tomorrow.

This afternoon, Cheyenne talked her daddy into going out and playing catch with her to get ready for the game. After a while, he went to work on mowing the lawn (hooray!) and left her out in the front yard pitching to herself. It took her a while to get the hang of it. She had a funny little pattern going on for a while-
toss the ball,
swing,
miss,
pull up pants,
pick up the ball...
-I was cracking up watching her from the kitchen window. Finally, she got the hang of it though.

She played by herself for a while, then she recruited Sierra to play with her. I looked out my window to see this.
Can't you just see her coaching her own kid's team someday. She'll be good at it.
As far as I know, this is the first time that Sierra has ever hit when the ball was pitched to her. How fun that it was her sister who did the pitching.
Landon was having fun blowing bubbles by himself and watching he girls for a while. Then he decided he wanted to have a turn.
He's left-handed (like his mom), so it took a little bit for them to figure out the logistics of how he was going to bat.
They finally got him all set. Coach Cheyenne gave him some pointers.
Landon was able to hit a few too! He was pretty excited! We didn't sign him up for t-ball this year, but I think he will definitely be ready for next year.
I just love it when my kids get along!

1 comment:

mountain mama said...

cute, cute!!!! yay for spring!