Tuesday, March 2, 2010

32nd Street Blog Parade!

I am so excited to jump into Abigail's blog parade. I can't wait to get to know some new blog friends! Hop on over to her site and link up! It's going to be fun!

1. What's your favorite time of the day, and why?

My very favorite time of day is early in the morning before anyone else in the house is up. I feel so much better when I have some quiet time to myself in the morning before jumping into all the busyness of the day. The problem is that I also love to sleep and now that I am not working, I don't take advantage of this time as much as I used to. One of my goals is to start getting up earlier on the weekdays again. I think it will help me get a lot more accomplished during the day. I'll let ya know how it goes.
2. If health wasn't an issue, what food could you live off of?
I think I will have to go with chips and queso from Mexico Joe's (not just ANY queso will do-although El Chico runs a close second). I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Which reminds me, it's about time for another queso date with my friend Beckie! (and anyone else that wants to come along!)
3. If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes), what would it be?
I wish I had a sock vending machine in my house! I would love to just go up and push a button and get a brand new, clean, folded pair of socks. I HATE matching and folding socks!
4. What's one thing that you get teased about a lot?
My husband loves to tease me about being short. I'm always having to ask him to reach things for me. It gets me out of having the change light bulbs, so I'm not complaining!
5. If you could choose one movie, book, or TV show to spend your life in, which would you pick? What type of character would you be?
Wow, I've started this answer and erased it three times already. But, I finally have it. I would choose to be in The Cosby Show. I still find it occasionally and I still love it! I think it would have been so much fun to grow up in that family. Sometimes the character Denise reminds me of myself-she always has the best of intentions but things don't always turn out the way she plans.
6. If you could have one talent that you don't already have, what would it be?
Photography. I am trying to learn more about all the technical parts of taking good pictures, but I don't think I'll ever have that "eye" for the artistic parts.
7.If money were no object, where would you go on vacation?
I would love to take my family to Disney World at Christmas time. I would love to go and spend some time just playing together.
8. If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing?
I would probably choose country music. It's what I grew up listening to and there are some songs that mean a lot to me. It would be hard for me though because I'd probably be pretty picky and it's hard to sing a good country song without drinking, cheating, and gambling. :)
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be?
The Container Store! I could get sooooooooo organized!
10. If you could live in any point in time, when would it be?
My husband and I were just talking the other night about what it would be like to live like "Little House on the Prairie". It would be really nice to live such a simple life without all of the distractions we have today. Then again, I'm kind of attached to electricity and indoor plumbing, so I might just stick to living in the time we're in now.
11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be?
I'm thinking brown. It would sure make getting dressed so much easier, wouldn't it?
12. If you were one of the seven dwarves, which one would you be?
(Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Happy, or Dopey)
I'd like to say Happy, but I guess I'll be honest and say I'm probably a cross between Dopey and Grumpy most of the time.
13. What's the last album you listened to?
Okay, okay, I'll admit it. It was the Hannah Montana Movie soundtrack. Cheyenne took back her Taylor Swift CD and it's the only one I have that's not "children's songs" (from my classroom collection). I usually listen to 89.7 The House or Praise 88.7, but for some reason, I couldn't pick them up in the kitchen that day. I do actually like a couple of the songs, though.
14. What's something we'd be surprised to know about you?
I sleep with the television on in my room at night. I can sleep with the sound turned off, but I have to have that flickering light to help me sleep. It makes for some interesting dreams sometimes.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I LOVE Little House too! Life was hard, but simple and people stopped, instead of rushing from place to place, to enjoy their blessings.

Unknown said...

Hi Tiffany,
Stopping by for the fun blog party!

You're short huh? How short? You have me curious now. :)

I love Little House on the Prairie. I've watched ALL of them many times over. I grew up watching it on Monday nights with my mom and my sisters (Dad wasn't into it so much). Every time I think about simplifying, I think about that show. They lived with so little and life was so uncomplicated. A part of me craves that (a big part of me), but another part of me is very glad for modern conveniences. Well, we are where we are, right?

I know people who like sleeping with light on. My oldest, Jared, is 19 and sleeps with a little light on right by his head. I always try to discourage it, assuming he can't be sleeping well and he says, "Mom, I can't sleep with it off." Just formed a habit.

It was fun stopping by Tiffany.

Have fun partying! :)
Lynnette