Friday, May 28, 2010

Five Question Friday May 28

It's Friday!!! Even better than that, it's the first day of summer vacation for my girls! I am so glad to have them home. We're taking time this weekend to relax before we start of all our summer adventures to the duck pond, zoo, splash park, library, and where ever else we decide to go (oh, and packing up our stuff and moving). We're going to have so much fun!
Yesterday, Landon and I went to watch the talent show at Cheyenne and Sierra's school. Each class had a song to sing. In between, there were performances by individual kids and small groups. It was cute, but LONG, nearly two hours. I felt bad for the kids who were having to sit on that cold tile floor for all that time!
Sierra sang with the kindergarten. They were so cute. I had several of those kids in class last year, so it was fun to see them up there. They have grown so much! I was sitting close to the back of the gym and Sierra was kind of hidden behind some other kids, so I didn't get many pictures. of her. This is actually the best one
She's in the middle behind the #11 boy and the superman boy.
Cheyenne was chosen by the music teacher to be one of four little girls to dance on the stage during the thrid grade performance of "I'm a Believer." She has been practicing for a couple of weeks now during class and even a few times before and after school. Last week, she brought home a copy of the music, so I've been hearing that song in my sleep! It was cute when she showed it to us at home, but I really loved seeing her up there with her friends.
I'm still fighting with my computer over posting videos, so I can't show it to you now, but I promise it was cute! :)

Now, for the best part of Friday. Five Question Friday with Mama M. I'm kinda thankful that I can't post video because if I could, I might be tempted to jump on that whole Vlog bandwagon. No one wants to see that! I promise, you are thanking me for NOT doing that. So here are my Five Question Friday answers, the old fashioned way.

1. Is there something you've always wanted to try but just can't muster up the courage to actually do yet?
It's not something I actually want to try, but I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to-color my hair. I have NEVER put any kind of color on my hair. I'm really scared of how it will come out. I have no idea how to find the right color and I don't have the money to spend to have it done at the salon. I'm actually okay with my hair the way it is right now. I don't really notice the grays too much. For the most part, I don't even think of it. But, the other day when I was talking to my friend, her little girl suddenly looked at her mom and said, "Mom, you don't really have very much gray hair, do you?" Ha! So, I'm thinking it might be time...

2. If you had $100 handed to you in cash without your significant other knowing about it, what would you spend it on?
I'm pretty sure that the guilt of keeping it a secret would get to me before I could spend it, so I would tell my husband. It would probably go toward clothes/shoes for the kids or something practical like that (after, of course, we used some of it to go out to eat).

People who know me have figured out that it's better to give me a gift than cash because I won't spend the money on myself.

3. What was your favorite piece of playground equipment as a child?
The school I went to for 4-6th grade had this weird metal spaceship thing that we used to play on a lot. It had a ladder that went up into the middle of it. Kind of like this
We would climb up in it and have a "club". The boys liked to climb all the way out through the top and jump out. I was never brave enough to try it. You know, that thing was surrounded by the hard ground- no wood chips or pea gravel-and in all the times I saw someone jump off the top of it, I don't remember anyone ever getting hurt. Hmm...

4. Do you prefer a sweet or hearty breakfast?
I used to be all about the sweet breakfast, but these days, it gives me a headache if I don't eat something a little more nutritious than cap'n crunch. I really don't like any kind of breakfast food that much anyway. I'd rather eat dinner leftovers for breakfast than anything else.

5. Are you a Neat Freak or a Messy Bessy?
It really depends on the day. Most days, the neat freak in me gets overwhelmed by the size of the mess and just gives up.

2 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

That was one weird ermmm metal spaceship thing... oh well, I love swings btw! :D

Happy weekend to you from Malaysia!

Hop on over to read mine at:
http://imafulltimemummy.blogspot.com/2010/05/five-question-friday-9.html

trooppetrie said...

moving is always crazy. we moved3 months ago. i thought i was ready before the movers came but man every day i would find something else i did not want them to pack