Friday, May 21, 2010

Five Question Friday


Oh my! Where did this week go? I have been so out of my routine this week that I feel like I didn't get anything done. The dishes and laundry are behind, the living room is a mess, the dining room and kitchen need to be swept...this house LOOKS like I did nothing this week. It's not that I actually did NOTHING this week, it's just that most of what I did was not at home. My husband has been really busy with extra stuff at work since Saturday evening. That put me in charge of picking up kids after school, which is usually his job Tuesday-Friday. Totally threw me off schedule.
Plus, there was tons of extra stuff to do every day this week (until today-hooray!). Monday, we had about a million errands to run after school-bank, post office, grocery store, etc. On Tuesday
Cheyenne had dance practice for the talent show after school until 4:30, then softball practice from 5:30-6:45. Wednesday there was that whole pesky tornado thing. Thursday afternoon, Cheyenne had dance practice again until 4:30 and a softball game at 6:00 (which I got to take all 4 kids to because Daniel was out of town for work stuff). Today I finally get a break. Daniel is getting off work on time and picking up the girls from school. Yea! I am so happy that next week is the last week of school. I am ready for summer vacation!
So, have I used my break to catch up on things? Well, not exactly. I mean, I have done one load of dishes and about three loads of laundry and an hour of school with Landon. But the rest of the time, I haven't done too much. The girls will be home tomorrow, so they can help me get everything back on track in the morning and we'll still have the afternoon to have fun.

Right now, I'm waiting for the dryer to buzz so I can start another load of laundry and then load the dishwasher again. While I'm waiting, I think I'll play my favorite game-Five Question Friday!

If you want to play along, head over to Mama M.'s blog and link up!

1.
Do you have an iPhone and, if so, how do you get apps and what are your favorites?
Nope, no iPhone here. I would LOVE to have one! They look like loads of fun! But, I really don't have a very good track record with phones-I've washed one, dropped one in a puddle, and had one get run over by a car-so I don't know that I should spend that kind of money on a phone. Plus, that whole Dave Ramsey thing I mentioned before kind of gets me. There are so many other things I need to be using my money for right now. Maybe someday...

2. What is your fondest memory of K-3rd grade?
Oh, it's going to be so hard to choose. K-3rd grade were the best! I think the thing that I remember most is when my 2nd grade class hatched chicken eggs in an incubator. We waited and waiting for those eggs to hatch. They ended up hatching over the weekend, which would have been unfortunate except that our awesome teacher called us and let us know so that we could come up and watch.
I actually got the chance to relive that moment with my own class a few years ago. Our eggs hatched on Friday evening. I called the kids and several came up and watched with me for a while. So fun!

3. What makes you cringe at the thought of touching?
Spiders! I have chills just thinking about it now. Even getting close enough to step on them of smash them with something is almost too much for me. I can barely pick up a dead one with a paper towel. I have this crazy fear that it's going to suddenly come back to life and attack me! Yuck!

4. If you could have any celebrity show up on your doorstep who would it be and why?
Ty from Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Although, I don't think I would want anything like what they usually build for people. It seems like too much. I'd rather see two families get new, simple homes.

5. What would you say is your best physical feature?
I'm going to go with my eyes.

So, there it is. Can't wait to hop around and see what everyone else had to say today.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

You are busy! Today was actually one of my first in months that I didn't have something else going on so I could take some time to check out the blogs. Glad I got to yours:) Have a great weekend.

René (aka Tweeter Bug) said...

Coming your way through 5QF :)

I'm with you on the spiders! I hate throwing the squished ones in the toilet because I just KNOW it will come back and bite my bum! Eeek!

Thanks for sharing :)

Ellejay said...

Haha, I just had to laugh at your celebrity appearance answer! My husband can't stand Ty. Something about how he's always shouting everything. (Although I think he's pretty cute!) I would totally love to see him on my doorstep!! But also, I agree that I would like it to be for a reason like having other people less fortunate have a nice home instead.

Anonymous said...

Jealous of your chicken growing in school. We just did tadpoles!

Stopping by from Mama M's. Have a great weekend!