Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Not Me! Monday on Tuesday

Mckmama- Not Me Monday

Lately my motto seems to be "better late than never", especially when it comes to posting on my blog. So, to keep with my new trend, I am posting my Not Me! Monday for this week on Tuesday.
Here goes:

It is most definitely NOT me who has put off going to the grocery store the last three weeks in a row until the only thing left in the fridge are the condiments in the door. I do NOT hate going grocery shopping and I do NOT try to get out of it as much as possible. I did NOT put it off once again this week because I knew we were going to be gone this weekend. I will NOT be forced to go tomorrow whether I want to or not because we will be down to 1/2 a loaf of bread and some tortilla chips (okay, there's a little more than that, but not enough to make a meal out of). I am NOT really dreading it already.

Speaking of putting things off, I did NOT put off my Mother's Day shopping until the very last minute again this year. I do NOT have a really hard time with Mother's Day and Father's Day gifts because I love homemade gifts, but there are only so many handprint crafts and stepping stones...So, I did NOT finally find an idea that I liked on Friday evening and go get the stuff to make it after the kids went to bed. I did not have to set my alarm for 5:30am on SATURDAY to make sure that I had plenty of time to get everything made (we had to leave for a 3 hour drive to my cousin's wedding by 10:30 and, of course, I still had to pack and wash Sierra's dress as well).

We did NOT make it to the wedding with 15 minutes to spare after our restroom break and construction put us behind schedule. There were NOT three adults madly dressing 4 kids in the church restroom just before time to start. I was NOT really happy that the wedding party was also a little behind schedule.

Between the drive to the wedding, a run into the next town and back after the wedding, the drive to McAlester for Mother's Day, driving to Grandma Rita's church on Sunday morning and back to McAlester, and then driving to Grandma Phyllis' house and back home, my kids and I were NOT in the car for nearly 11 hours total this weekend. (Now I know why I have been so tired yesterday and today). I am NOT more and more looking forward to our move so we don't have to make those trips anymore!

I have NOT been totally lazy the last two days and my house does NOT look like it. I do NOT need to get up and at least pick the laundry up off the floor (even though none of it is mine) before Daniel and the girls get home.

Okay, so there are my Not Me's for this week. Maybe by next week I will be back on schedule.

No comments: