Thursday, June 17, 2010

Catching up...

I love to make lists! I make to-do lists for the things I need to do each day and the week, I make menus and shopping lists, I make packing lists when we go somewhere/ Sometimes, I spend so much time making my lists that I run out of time to actually DO the things on my list. But, it makes me feel more in control when I have a list. It makes me feel like I have accomplished something when I get to cross things off my list.
Usually, I have a scheduled list for each day. I plan what we're going to do, when we're going to do it, and how much time it should take. I try to stick with it as much as possible. When the girls were in school, I did pretty well with finishing my list by the end of the day. Lately, though, there have been so many things to get done that it has been impossible to finish. So, I end up taking the things that didn't get finished and moving them to the bottom of the next day's list. Right now, my list is so long that, even without adding one new thing, it would take me until sometime next week to finish it all. Ugh.

It's a little overwhelming to look at.
So, I have decided that today is a new day. I am deleting all that stuff from the past week or so that hasn't gotten done and I am starting my brand new list today. What a relief!
Now that I don't have a mile long list of load of laundry and bathroom scrubbing that never got done, I can feel less guilty about spending time here. I have so many ideas for posts that I want to get up before we move! So, in between cleaning out closets and taping up boxes, I'm going to be posting at least one or two posts each day. I'm so excited!

So, here is my catch-up post #1.

We are STILL in the midst of softball season around here. Today was supposed to be Cheyenne's last game. With all the rain we have had lately, though, she will be playing four games next week as well. She was supposed to have a game on Monday, but it was rained out. Tuesday was dry, but of course she didn't have a game scheduled for that day. Yesterday's game was, of course, rained out. She has a double-header tonight. Thankfully, the weatherman reported this morning that there is NO CHANCE OF RAIN! Hooray! I was beginning to worry that the season would still be going after we moved.

Cheyenne is still loving softball. She's gotten to play lots of different positions-catcher, pitcher, third base, first base, and outfield. She really enjoys playing catcher and pitcher the most. This is her first year to play "kid pitch", so she has some work to do on her pitching. She has pretty good aim, just not quite the speed to get it all the way to the plate every time. She has come a long way though!

These are pictures from her first game that I have been waiting to share. If I get a chance tonight, I'll add a few more.

No comments: