Sunday, June 27, 2010

Goodbye Friends...

Last night, two friends and I let our husbands put the kids to bed while we met up for some yummy desserts at Chili's. I've known these two ladies since before any of us had kids. Now, between the three of us, there are 10 kids (and one on the way)! We had a good time chatting, laughing, and saying goodbye. I'm sure going to miss my dessert nights with these two!

My friend, Jackie, gave me a sweet plaque for our new house (when we finally get one). The quote reads "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf." I hadn't heard that quote before and I really love it. I can't wait to put it up in place where I can read it every day. Isn't great when a friend knows exactly the right thing to do for you?

Tomorrow afternoon, I get to say goodbye to a few more friends. My friends from Ponca City are driving an hour each way just to come hang out with me for a little while. I'm so excited to get to see them. When I was teaching in Ponca City, I used to spend time every day with these ladies. More than any of my other friends, they got to know who I really am. They are the kind of friends who are able to pick up right where we left off even though it's been a long time since we've been together. Those are the best kind of friends! I can't wait to laugh until we cry into our chips and queso tomorrow!

In the meantime, I probably should get back to packing and cleaning. I've got two of the kids' bedrooms done! Only one more to go. Once we get through that last kids' room, I think the packing will go much faster. My kids just have way to much stuff!

Have a great Sunday!

No comments: